Videos Contact Projects Subscribe Home


Monday, November 21, 2011

Challenge Project 4 - Exploring Cricut

Photobucket

This week's challenge over at Exploring Cricut Challenge Blog was to use a turkey image from any Cricut cartridge.  Well my first instinct was to choose a really cute turkey from either Smiley Cards or Create a Critter, but in the end, I decided to use the turkey from the Cricut Wildlife Cartridge.
Photobucket

I positioned the images on my Gypsy.
Photobucket

I hit my paper stash and found two pieces of CM papers from years ago.  Here they are placed on the mat, ready to cut on my E2.
Photobucket

A piece of 5.5" x 8.5" piece of SU Old Olive cardstock folded in half makes the card base.  A piece of 4" x 5.25" piece of SU Dusty Durango cardstock makes the  
layer.  The border trimmed with SU elegant punch.  And a piece of SU Soft Suede ribbon.
Photobucket

A piece of SU Kraft cardstock cut at 2" x 2 3/4", corners punched with SU elegant corner punch then embossed with Sizzix embossing folder and inked with SU Old Olive ink.  Popped the turkey on with SU dimensionals, and added a few buttons for accent.  A quick sentiment from Pink By Design's "Bountiful Blessings" set in SU Chocolate Chip ink and...
Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by.  Now your turn.  Go to Exploring Cricut and enter your project for the challenge!!  Until next time...

2 comments:

Diana said...

Leah, Kudos on thinking out of the box for a different turkey cut. :) Your card is very sophisticated! ;)

Diane said...

I love how you used the embossing on your card and it is wonderful. I am so happy to have you a part of the DT on Exploring Cricut!




Blog made pretty using Designs by Sarah's Blog Makeover Service. Graphics © Echo Park Paper Co.