Videos Contact Projects Subscribe Home


Monday, October 24, 2011

Exploring Cricut Celebrations Candy Challenge

Photobucket


Welcome to the 2nd Challenge of the Exploring Cricut Challenge Blog.  Today's challenge was to make a project using the candy pieces found on page 111 of the Cricut Celebrations cartridge.  I started by cutting the candy pieces at 4.5 inches out of SU Garden Green, SU Cherry Cobbler, and SU Whisper White cardstock.  I put the layers of candy together using Zip dry glue pens.


Photobucket


Here, I cut a piece of SU Cherry Cobbler cardstock to 8 x 8 and a piece of SU Jolly Holidays Designer Series paper at 7 3/4 x 7 3/4.
Adhered the sheets together using my ATG gun.


Photobucket


I cut the words "Peppermint Bark" out of SU Garden Geen and SU Cherry Cobbler using the Cricut Winter Wonderland cartridge font at 1.5 inches.  I also cut out the scallop shape out of SU Cherry Cobbler using the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge on page 47.  My printer is out of ink so I will have to add my recipe for Peppermint Bark, later, but you get the idea.  I placed my candy cut outs on the page using SU Stampin' dimensionals and Pop Dots.  Added stickles to the candy to give it a little sparkle, and used a crystal embellishment to dot the "i" in Peppermint.  It's a nice sized 8 x 8 recipe layout.  If you'd like a recipe for Peppermint Bark, click HERE!


Photobucket


I hope you like my challenge project and are inspired to make a challenge project of your own.  Don't forget to come back Wednesday to see my Exploring Cricut "Daily Design."  Until next time.....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your LO, your choice of colour is perfect
Hugs
Adele

Diana said...

Leah, very cute layout! When get a new printer cartridge please show the recipe. I love peppermint! :)

Diane said...

Love your layout and going to snag it too! Great job!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a wonderful layout! Love the design and your color choices. TFS

Sharon said...

This is great!! Love all those fabulous colors!! Thank you for the link to the peppermint bark.

Emily said...

Leah, loved the papers you choose for this page. Everything works together great! Thanks for the recipe!!!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

This layout is beautiful. Love your blog.

Saints Rule! said...

Adorable Leah! I love the colors and the candy is just darling! Blessings...




Blog made pretty using Designs by Sarah's Blog Makeover Service. Graphics © Echo Park Paper Co.